Many of the neighbors have cornered me in my yard, at the dump, e-mailed me, texted me, et cetera, regarding the status of the weed treatment for Flannagan Pond. I received the following e-mail message from Becky @ ConsCom; so though we have no specific date at this time, it does sound like things are still moving forward.
(Becky’s note follows; Thanks Becky)
Just wanted to give everyone an update on the pond weed treatment status…
- I’ve been in contact with both consultants regarding both RFPs awarded last month.
- Both consultants are still waiting for their herbicide application permit to be mailed from MassDEP.
- I’ve submitted both consultant Contracts to BOS for signatures. I hope to have that returned and mailed by the end of the week.
- I will be coordinating with Jeff Thomas, Director of Parks & Recreation, regarding the Town Beach summer schedule so that spot treatment has minimum impact on the scheduled activities.
- Lycott has requested that the boards at the spillway be replaced on the day of herbicide application at Flannagan Pond. So I will coordinate that with Chief Pedrazzi as soon as I have confirmation of the date.
~~~ \ | / ~~~ \ | / ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \ | / ~~~ \ | / ~~~