Flannagan Pond is looking pretty bad. It is approaching being just plain disgusting. The wheels of progress are awfully slow, hopefully not to slow. Some people are getting impatient. Some people are getting hyper-critical.
However, I do not think we will have to resort to mowing the pond like the kid in the photo.
I was copied on an e-mail from Becky @ConsCom on Friday, June 24th. The highlights of her message are:
- A second board was removed from the dam on June 18th.
- The appropriate Flannagan Pond water level is to be confirmed by Lycott engineers.
- Lycott has received all appropriate permits from MassDEP and is ready to roll.
- Becky is expected to firm up the schedule with Lycott this week.
- Tentatively the targeted schedule is likely the second week in July.
(that is for those who like to shoot the messenger)